Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Ahhh. Almost bedtime! It hasn't been a bad day, just trying at times. Tuesdays are always a little more complex because we have to hit the floor running. Little bit goes to MDO, and my BFF (cleaning lady) comes. We have to be ready by 8:00 a.m. which is early compared to our usual routine. Since we are unable to stay at the house for school, I load backpacks down with curriculum, notebooks & supplies on Monday evenings. We drop Ashley off at 9:00 and go out for breakfast while we wait for the library to open at 10:00. Today was a busy day at the library and there were a lot of distractions -welcome distractions- like bumping into a sweet friend that I hadn't seen in a few months and meeting a new friend who's been home schooling for 7 years. Funny thing- both ladies use to be English teachers. I was able to pick my new friend's brain about curriculum since I've not been pleased with my choice. She mentioned one that had been recommended by others before...so... we cut our school day short so the "teacher" could run to the bookstore & purchase new English books for the class. At the bookstore, it just so happens that the cashier was home schooled and has also been home schooling her own children for 11 years. She also had lots of wisdom to share with me. I need all the help I can get. It was an encouraging day, in that aspect.
Then...we got home. Home: where we feel comfortable being ourselves and letting all of our ugly hang out. The boys got a lesson on brotherly love; what it means, and how to achieve it. One boy was receptive, and the other- not so much. So, the younger one bought himself an early bedtime, while the oldest is just now winding down with some music through the headphones. He is picking up his daddy's love for music. They are 2 peas in a pod on many accounts.
Tonight I made a quickie version of one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. I'm new to blogging and don't know how to add attachments or pictures to my blog yet (and I'm too tired/lazy to look into it right now), so if you would like to see the recipe, feel free to check out my Facebook account for a link. The original recipe calls for a whole chicken to be cooked for, like, 7 hours. This evening I used frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts. They were completely done after cooking for 25 minutes in my (intimidating) pressure cooker. I'm so glad no one was in the kitchen to watch me acting a fool every time the cooker let off steam. I suffered from a 25 minute long panic attack, as I do every time I use the pressure cooker. It's a price I'm willing to pay for quick, easy meals. The best part of tonight's dinner- NO leftovers!!! Thus, the name of my post. I love it when all the members of my household like a meal I've prepared on the same night! It makes my day, and it's very rare.
It's been a long day & this momma is tired and headed off to bed. I'm enjoying spilling my thoughts out on this screen to you (what is it, 8?) people :) Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I have enjoyed your post! Very refreshing and encouraging! Love you sweet Friend!!!

    ReplyDelete