Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Adventure

School today was much like a wisdom tooth extraction. If I hear, "This is too hard", "Why can't we just do 2nd/5th grade (respectably) work", "This book is wrong", or "Ms. So & So didn't do it that way" I may just have to pull out what's left of my already thin hair. Never mind the fact that "bedtime" is pretty much a joke now, and that you got to sit at Butcher Shop and enjoy an awesome breakfast while leisurely sitting back to have your Bible & Character stories read to you this morning. One day, I hope they will understand and appreciate the sacrifices that we have been willing to make to give them what, we feel, is best for them. I began typing this post about 5 hours ago and I'm just sitting down to finish it. One child had to spend most of the evening at the dining table with his father overseeing him finish, what should've been, a simple English assignment. I refused to listen to moaning and complaining during our regular school hours & told him he would have to take it up with the "principal" when he got home. I got them set up at the table, handed the answer key off to dad, and then headed out the door for some fresh air and retail therapy...Does stopping by the pharmacy to pick up thyroid medicine count as retail therapy? I'll take whatever I can get. Just kidding, sort of. I did spend an hour in a retail store near the pharmacy. What is a girl to do when she can't find clothes that fit the way she would like? Resort to shopping for house ware items- and that's what I did. I bought a turkey baster, new hand towels for my bathroom (since the acne wash...yes acne wash (that I have to use at age 30-something) bleached out the previous ones) and a gravy separator. I'm so excited about the gravy separator! I was just telling my hubby the other day that I needed one to strain the fat off of chicken broth so cooking chicken & dumplin's would be easier. Guess what's for dinner tonight? Yea!!! Shopping for myself wasn't a complete bust. I found 3 pair of shoes for fall. If you've followed my Facebook statuses in the past, you will understand that this is a huge feat (no pun intended...get it? HUGE FEeT :) I also found a backpack for myself that will come in handy on the kid's field trips to tote hand sanitizer, wipes, kleenex & the camera, as well as a smaller crossover purse. I don't know if that's what they're really called, but the kind that crosses over your body so you can have free hands. My 6 year old saw one & told me I needed one like it and I agreed. My 2 hour break was just enough time to clear my head and begin to relax. Then I came home and drank a cup of coffee so I'm awake typing in my blog at 12:23 a.m. (I'm beginning to think I'll never learn this lesson, as it's become a regular occurrence)
In other news: In case you didn't see on FB, it is now public knowledge that we are part of a new church plant that's happening in our town. After much prayer and over 6 months of laying the ground work, we are ready to see what God has in store for this church.
I must say that this is the busiest season in each, my hubby's & my life, yet there is a peaceful calmness. We are both focusing on what we feel the Lord has called us to do. So, as chaotic as our schedules seem- and as heavy as the responsibilities before us are, WE WILL PRESS ON- Prayerfully taking every step in obedience to the calling. Saddle up your horses- This is the great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment