Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jason & I had dinner with a dear couple the other night. The wife & I began a discussion about the difficulties of juggling Bible study with motherhood. Failing to consistently study my Bible has been an ongoing struggle for me for years. She has already survived the season that I am in, so I listened attentively to her advice. In the past, others have made excuses for me, "God understands this is a busy season in your life". I don't buy it. I don't believe that God blessed me with 4 beautiful children just for me, in return, to put Him on the back burner. It is so important that I make Him my #1 priority so that I can adequately reflect Him to my husband, children & others that I come in contact with. She shared a website with me that will send me daily devotions via e-mail. I usually find these things to be super cheesy, but this one in particular seems, so far, to be straight scripture with thoughts for application minus the sappy stories. I pray that I will be faithful as I strive for consistency in my daily Christian walk. In addition to my readings, I am trying to be more aware of my daily blessings & the wonder of God's creation. I'm also attempting to take a breather before yelling at my children, bless their hearts. This morning I went outside with them instead of staying in to fold clothes or veg on the couch watching t.v. as I normally would. It's a beautiful day, a little warm, but bearable. I walked the 2 girls around in the wagon. I think it was the first time for both of them- how sad is that? They sat so still & really enjoyed stopping to pick little flowers for me to stick behind my ear. We even found a lone dandelion for Victoria to wish on (she wished to be a ballerina). It was a precious time and I enjoyed just taking it all in. My oldest son is at basketball camp for the morning, but I also have my nephew for the day. He & my youngest son enjoyed building things out of sand, rocks, leaves & sticks. I love to see how the kids naturally fall into their God given gender roles. Not that my girls can't build with the best of them, but they prefer their purses and heels. I love it!
Thank you Jesus for reminding me that I'm not perfect, but that my goal is to live a life worthy of you. Thank you for equipping me with everything I need to do so. Help me walk in the truth of what I already know instead of begging you for what I've already been given; self control, power & discipline. Help me be a light to my family and everyone I come in contact with. Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Courtney that was beautiful! Please help me remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep writing courtney. your thoughts are powerful.

    ReplyDelete